PERSONAL DATA AND COOKIES POLICY
The company HORMETA S.A. respects your preoccupations concerning protection of your private life and personal data. Your personal data collected is mainly handled by the company HORMETA S.A., and occasionally its foreign entities, in its capacity as handling
HORMETA SA – Route de Gilly 15, 1182 Gilly (SWITZERLAND)
The present policy describes the purposes for which the company HORMETA S.A. uses information pertaining to you, collected when you use the website www.hormeta.com (hereinafter the “Site”), including its versions for smartphones and tablets, as well as when you buy from one of our certified retailers, and generally speaking, when you interact with us. The present policy informs you of the origin and use of browsing information collected through cookies, as well as the methods for exercising your associated rights.
This policy applies to all the pages of the Site, applications and services offered by the company HORMETA S.A., referred to under the terms “HORMETA S.A.”, “Us”, “Our”, referring back to this policy and is in adjunction to the Site’s T&C’s (as well as any other document or notice referring to this policy). By using our Site, you accept the terms of the present policy and consent to our collecting and handling of your personal data in compliance with our policy on the protection of personal data. In the event of disagreement with the terms of this policy, we suggest that you do not use our Site or that you contact us.
Changes to the Policy
We are likely to make changes to and update the present policy. We suggest that you consult the policy whenever you interact with us in order to remain informed of our measures in terms of personal data protection and of your rights.
1. PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED AND HANDLED – COOKIES INSTALLED AND ACTIVATED
Considered to be personal data is any information that enables your direct or indirect identification. This might include identification information such as your surname, first name, e-mail, DOB, postal address, IP address or even your purchasing habits and your preferences.
“Cookies” are alphanumerical identifiers installed on your computer, your smartphone or your digital tablet via your internet browser, in order to recognize your browser and to offer you personalized services.
1.1 Session Cookies
These cookies are used to ensure the visitor’s browsing of the Site and do not conserve any personal information. They ensure the correct behavior of certain basic functions such as connection to the account, browsing and adding to the basket. Their lifespan is limited to the User’s session and does not go beyond this period.
1.2 HORMETA Cookies
HormetaCountry (3 months): memorizes the visitor’s language preference
HormetaSubscriber (30 months): prevents the re-display of the newsletter subscription pop-up
1.3 Analytics Cookie
We use software (Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager) to analyze certain information related to visitors such as traffic on the Site Hormeta.com, use of the browser, the number of new visitors, marketing activity and orders placed. This information helps us to improve our Site, the shopping experience and our campaigns. The data stored by this cookie can only be viewed by the relevant teams at HORMETA S.A., but does not record any confidential information.
1.4 Store locator Cookie
HORMETA S.A. uses Google Maps to look for points of sale.
1.5 Third-party Cookies
1.6 Sharing tools Cookies
Hormeta.com uses the “share” function for content via social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest.
HORMETA S.A. does not control the distribution of these cookies and we suggest that you consult these third-party websites for further information on their cookies.
1.7. Cookie Settings
Most internet browsers automatically accept cookies by default. You can however configure your browser to prevent the saving of cookies to your computer or an associated device.
Some browsers offer a setting where cookies are systematically deleted after a visit. The Help section in the toolbar of most browsers will explain to you how to refuse new cookies, receive a message that informs you of their reception or even how to disable them. You can also choose to disable or to delete cookies used by your browser’s accessory software, by changing the settings on these applications or visiting the website of their editors.
If your browser is set to refuse all cookies, you will not be able to purchase goods or benefit from the essential features of our Site, such as storing items in your basket or receiving personalized recommendations. In order to manage cookies in the manner most convenient for you, we suggest that you configure your browser. You can disable cookies by following the instructions below:
1.7.1 You use the browser Internet Explorer
In Internet Explorer, click on the button ‘Tools’ then choose ‘Internet Options’. Under the General tab, under Browser history, click on ‘Settings’ then on the button ‘Display the files’.Next click on the column header ‘Name’ to sort all the files by alphabetical order, then read down the list until you come to the file beginning with Cookie (all cookies contain this prefix and usually contain the name of the website that created them). Select the cookie(s) with the name HORMETA S.A. and delete them. Close the window containing the list of files, and click twice on ‘OK’ to return to Internet Explorer.
1.7.2 You use the browser Firefox
In the browser tab Tools, select the ‘Options’ menu. In the window that appears, select ‘Privacy’ and click ‘Show cookies’. Identify the files containing the name HORMETA S.A. then select and delete them.
1.7.3 You use the browser Safari
In your browser choose the menu ‘Edit’ > ‘Preferences’. Click on ‘Security’, then on ‘Display cookies’. Select the cookies containing the name HORMETA S.A. and click on Delete or Delete all. After deleting the cookies, click ‘Done’.
1.7.4 You use the browser Google Chrome
Click on the ‘Tools’ menu icon then select ‘Options’. Click the ‘Advanced Options’ tab and go to the ‘Privacy’ section. Click the ‘Show cookies’ button. Identify the files containing the name HORMETA S.A. then select and delete them. Click ‘Close’ to return to your browser.
More information on cookies on the CNIL website: http://www.cnil.fr/vos-droits/vos-traces/les-cookies/
2. CONSEQUENCES OF BLOCKING COOKIES
Your choice in relation to cookies
Your browser may allow you to choose to disable all or part of your cookies, either systematically or according to the issuer. You can also configure your browser in such a way that the acceptance or refusal of cookies is requested in a pop-up window (case-by-case or
all at once). However, we remind you that the disabling of all cookies will prevent you from using our Site under normal conditions, with the exception of basic functions.
For any enquiries or claims concerning this charter, you can contact us by post at the following address: HORMETA S.A. Customer Services – Route de Gilly 15, 1182 Gilly (SWITZERLAND) or send an e-mail to [email protected].
3. WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
HORMETA S.A. collects several types of personal data:
3.1 Information which you provide us with directly
We collect information that you communicate to us directly when you use our Site and interact with us.
- Create an online account,
- Subscribe to our loyalty program (not yet set on our Site),
- Perform purchases from one of our certified retailers or on our Site,
- Call us by telephone,
- Sign up to receive our e-mails,
- Participate in a prize draw, a competition, a special offer or a survey,
- Communicate with us by intermediary of third party social networks,
- Request customer assistance,
- Communicate with us in any other way.
The communication of your personal details is voluntary.
However, if you do not provide a part or all of the information requested, we may not be able to provide certain Products, services or information.
The information categories that we collect include:
- Identification and contact details (surname, first name, DOB, postal address, means of contact) required for your identification when you use one of our services (e.g.: creation of an online account),
- Transactional details required to handle your order (articles chosen, delivery and invoicing address, telephone number and your e-mail address, payment method),
- Details regarding your preferences,
- Socio-demographic information (e.g.: your age, your profession, your sex, etc., mentioned when you post an opinion or create an account),
- Information on your skin type,
- Data concerning your online order history, and each time you use your account (we conserve your transaction history, the places of purchase; also when you buy or return a Product, we collect information about the transaction, such as product information and the date and place of purchase or of return),
- Data concerning your contact history with us (we also conserve the history of your exchanges with Customer Services or when you make a claim),
- Opinions that you write on our products.
Data that we ask about you and that is essential in responding to your requests is identified with an asterisk or equivalent procedure on the collection forms or specified as such verbally at the time of their collection. At our approved points of sale or at events that we organize, we may collect additional personal data under conditions and for purposes of which you will be specifically informed at the time.
3.2 Information that we collect automatically
We automatically collect certain information that concerns you when you access the Site, browse or make a purchase, in particular:
- Internet connection data: We collect information concerning the device that you use to sign in, as well as your use of the Site (such as the operating system, the type of browser used, the use or not of a proxy, the locality of the device derived your IP address which enables us to identify your computer, the access times, the pages visited and the link which enabled you to access our Site),
This information is collected both when you are identified and when you are not and can be compared, whatever the device used. The objective is to be able to propose the most personalized offers possible.
In addition, depending on data already in our possession, certain forms may be pre-completed.
3.3 Information collected from our partners and other sources
We are also likely to obtain information that concerns you from other sources and to associate it with information about you that we collect, such as:
- Details from local postal service databases to check and update distribution addresses,
- Information communicated by third-party partners: This concerns data communicated to us by third-party partners with whom you have been in contact and for which you have authorized sharing for the purposes of commercial prospection or targeted advertising,
- Data communicated via social networks. For example, when you share your HORMETA S.A. experience over a social network, you communicate your personal data to this network and to HORMETA S.A. These communications are governed by the personal data protection policies of the social networks which we refer you to and in relation to which HORMETA S.A. declines all responsibility.
4. FOR WHAT PURPOSES DO WE COLLECT DATA?
The use of your personal data enables us to offer you services and to maintain a secure environment, particularly through:
- The correct operation of the Site,
- The services and products offered,
- Avert and detect scams, malwares (malicious software or malware applications) and to manage security incidents,
- The provision of share buttons on our social networks,
- The performance of all our operations,
- To analyze and personalize the customer experience online to ensure you get the best service quality (anonymously),
- To manage the loyalty program and customer relations (not yet set),
- To optimize our customer services (accessible by e-mail or telephone),
- To manage any disputes.
Some data is also kept in order to meet our legal obligations and to ensure the defense of our interests in the event of disputes or legal action.
5. HOW LONG IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA CONSERVED FOR?
Generally speaking, your personal data is conserved for the duration of your relationship with us, with an additional three years after the end of our commercial relations, then it is archived in order to comply with our legal obligations or for probative purposes or is rendered anonymous for the purposes of studies and statistics.
We do however conserve certain data after the deletion of your account when this retention is required by law, or when this conservation is necessary to enable us to manage claims or disputes. In this case, data required for the resolution of a problem or dispute will be conserved for the duration of the dispute within the limits of applicable law in terms of the statute of limitations. Other data may be conserved after having undergone treatment intended to prevent its being attributed to an identified individual for the purposes of studies and statistics.
|DESCRIPTION OF DATA||CONSERVATION PERIOD|
|> Personal Data from the customer account|
> Data concerning your use of the Site
|A period of three (3) years which runs from the date of your last activity on the Site. (Purchase or change to the account).|
|> Data relating to an order||A period of three (3) years which runs from the date of your last order (rendering anonymous the fields ‘surname’, ‘first name’, ‘e-mail’, ‘telephone’, ‘private address’ after 3 years of inactivity).|
|> Statistics for measuring audience and traffic on the Site||A period of twelve (12) months with regards to cookies|
|> Prospects/customers’ |
|A period of three (3) years which runs from its collection or from the last contact or order.|
> Data which establishes proof of a right or a contract, or conserved in order to comply with a legal obligation
|Archiving in accordance with current legislation|
6. WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS IN TERMS OF COMMUNICATION OF SPECIAL OFFERS?
You have the possibility of being added to our distribution lists and accepting to receive marketing information and special offers from us. You may withdraw your consent at any time by clicking directly on the link at the bottom of our e-mails or by doing it directly in your account or by contacting us using the contact form.
Pursuant to the provisions of the Data Protection Law of 6 January 1978 amended, and the EU Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, you have a right of access, of information, of opposition, of rectification, of limitation, of portability and of deletion of data pertaining to you.
You also have a right to formulate and communicate directives relative to the outcome of your personal data after your death. In order to exercise one or more of these rights, please formulate your request by completing the contact form.